Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Reality
I admit it... I've become a Reality TV junkie. I've always been one but it's just prime season now I guess. My weekly line up now includes two "Real Housewives" editions (NY and Orange Co-starts Sunday!), The Bachelor, Bethany Ever After, and this new addiction to a show on Discovery Network called Wild Hogs. We also have the DVR set to record the new show "Secret Millionaire" starting on Sunday. There are also a few non-reality shows that I love b/c they remind me so much of real life... Modern Family and Army Wives (also starts Sunday). I know that watching someone else's "reality" can be a great way to escape our own realities. It's fun to watch as other people go through everyday (and not so everyday) adventures and see how society reacts or doesn't react. I love it. That being said, I had my own "dose of reality" after watching one of my shows. I was watching Bethany Ever After as they went through everyday things with their newborn daughter. I cried (yes slightly emotional these days) as I watched because it doesn't seem like it was that long ago we were doing all of that with Truman. And then it hit me. Yes we are so blessed because we get to do it again. But it will be so different this time. We'll have Truman as well as this new baby. Suddenly I realized how precious these next few months will be... just me and T. Never again will it be just Truman. That hit me hard. I know we'll get to do some things with him only but it will be a whole new family dynamic. Now, that being said let me tell you that he is seriously ready for a sibling. We spent several days with our friends, the Robert's ,and their two daughters. He LOVED having sisters and will now tell you instead of wanting a "Baby Chicken" he wants a "Baby Sister". We'll find out soon enough I guess so we'll have time to prepare him if it's a Baby Brother. (Update to come on Thursday as far as when we get to find out if it's a boy or girl!) So, instead of counting down the days until this new baby comes, I have a new found love for each day I have to spoil and devote my attention to my little man. My how is world will be rocked come August!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment