Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday moment
As I approached departure time this busy Monday morning I strategized. I had to get the dogs loaded and Truman packed for preschool and leave on time! The dogs had to go to Dad and Debbie's yard for the day because the roofers were coming to replace our roof. I also had to make sure the door was open @ D&D's for Graciala so I could kill 2 birds with one stone. I had to leave right on time b/c she'd be waiting to get into the house and I had to drop Truman off at preschool at 9:00 exactly so I could get to Safe Place for my first day volunteering. Of course on top of all of this, it was trash day! I decided to take the trash out via the front door. This was a well thought out process b/c I did not want to go out the side yard due to the dogs wanting to go out. If I let the dogs out, there was a chance of them getting out AND they would certainly get muddy b/f getting into my car. So I left the dogs and Truman and ran the trash to the curb real quick. As I walked back to the house my stomach dropped as I realized what I did. We discovered this weekend that our door handle is broken on the front door and you can't open it from the outside. Yep, Truman and the dogs were inside (along w/ my house key and any chance of opening the side door). Scary. I didn't waste any time reacting and called John immediately to get him home to let me in! Now, anyone who has been to my house knows how paranoid I am about our front door. Why am I paranoid? Well, because Truman can open it if you don't deadlock it. That freaks me out b/c I can just see him running out the front door onto the street. Little did I know how much I'd appreciate that skill. Yes, lucky for me my son rocks, and he can open the door. So after about 10 minutes of knocking and begging "Truman, open the door for mommy" he did what I asked (another miracle!). Yeah.... what a crazy Monday morning it was. So thankful that Truman did not decide to climb onto my kitchen counters, tables, or decide to eat the 2 dozen cookies on the counter while I was trapped outside! Disasters averted... genius child applauded. On with the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment