Monday, February 18, 2008
We heard it!!!
Ok, so I am one of the most paranoid people ever. That combined with my impatience led me to rent a fetal doppler. I was fascinated at how readily available and inexpensive this tool that would give me a little peace of mind in between dr. appts was. SO, we purchased one. While I knew it was early, I tried at 9 weeks to detect our little bean's heartbeat. No luck. But I knew it was early, so I waited a while. Well, today was the day!! John was home fixing our toilet (LONG story), so he was able to hear it too. Of course, he got his watch and calculated our baby's heart rate- 160! It's a great number. It was sooo cool!!! I honestly am glad we heard it at home for the first time instead of at the doctor's office. It was a very special moment. Of course, I found the heartbeat while John was testing out the new toilet and told him to come hear. Then of course I couldn't find it again. After about 5 minutes I found it. THen I kept it there so John could calculate the bpm and the baby must have moved or something- typical! Stubborn like its mommy and daddy! So... we have a living being in there with quite a strong heartbeat! YAY!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment