Friday, July 29, 2011
The plan (for now)...
Well we are nearing the end. And an ultimate end is in sight! I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly check up. After being awake for 3 nights in a row and having lots of contractions (nothing timed of course) I was praying he would tell me I had progressed nicely and that my body was gearing up for labor. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. My cervix is apparently very thick... much like a woman who has never had a baby before. This would be OK, except that I have had a baby before and more importantly I've had a c-section before. So this brings some challenges. Dr. G has said from the get-go that he doesn't like the idea of inducing a woman who has had a c-section b/c it isn't allowing the body to naturally progress which could pose risks for me. Also, the weight of the baby is an issue as well that could potentially rule out a VBAC. SO, realistically if I go on and let my body do its thing, I could still need a c-sect if he's too big by then. And if he's looking to be too big there isn't much by means of induction that we can do. Now I will admit that the first thing I said when he told me I hadn't made much progress was that I was just about ready to schedule that c-section. I was tired, uncomfortable and really ready to meet my baby. When I was told I'd have to have a c-sect with Truman I was so upset and felt defeated when we tried to do everything we could to turn him. The main reason I wanted to have a VBAC with this baby was slightly different. I was more concerned about recovering from a c-section with a toddler and a newborn and all that comes with it. I don't care so much about the method of delivery anymore, I know the end result is worth it no matter what! But, I also felt much better after discussing recovery etc with Dr. G yesterday. His patients are out of the hospital in a couple of days and recover much faster because he doesn't cut the muscle. That was a huge relief to me! SOOOOOOOOOO after all of that, we have penciled me in for a c-section. If this little guy hasn't made his arrival yet, we will officially meet him on August 10th, 2011!!! For many reasons I sure would like to have him sooner, but at least I now know that the end is near! Less than two weeks to go.... I can do this! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment