Sunday, January 9, 2011

2009-2010 summed up...

Since I haven't posted since 2009 I thought I'd go ahead and sum up the last year or so! I guess my last post in 2009 was the last one because things got pretty busy around September 2009. We moved into our house, thus I started commuting back and forth to Raleigh again. About that time Truman also started catching illness after illness. We continued with several ear infections, sinus infections, colds and coughs, strep throat etc. through March. I started a new job in Hillsborough working at the State Employees Credit Union in March. It just so happened that my first week in training John and Truman were terribly sick. They went to a family physician and found that Truman and John had pneumonia and were both pretty sick. That was actually a huge blessing because we finally were referred to a pulmonologist for Truman and we got him on the right track with different preventative medicines, etc. In the midst of all that, our family experienced a huge loss in December. Three days before Christmas our friends and next door neighbors were tragically killed when their car was struck by an train. Erin and her son Nicholas were both killed. Her daughter, then 4 months survived. Mike was home and John was able to be there with him the day it happened. We were devestated for Mike and Aven and missed Nicholas and Erin terribly. In March, the week I started my new job another friend passed away in an accident. Brad was a friend of John's through the fire department and the brother in-law of one of my good friends. We were again faced with great loss and questions as to why this would happen again to someone so young. We couldn't understand it, so we decided to take the only lesson we could from it... life is short. That theme carried us through the spring and summer months as we faced some big decisions. John was becoming more and more frustrated with his job and looking for a change. He applied to some other fire departments, but had not yet found anything. At the same time, we had an offer presented to us for John to come work for my Dad in Texas. While I loved my job and my house and hated leaving friends and family, I knew it was probably the best decision for our family. In September, John drove to TX and Truman and I stayed in NC to see if John liked the work, etc. By October we decided we were moving and I began getting things together for another cross-country move. We moved to TX in November. (It was not that easy... it involved my first ambulance ride, 2 days spent in a recliner, lots of tears and a few arguments!) We got to TX where we came across a fantastic deal on a house. We have been adjusting to life in TX, me being a stay at home mom and having John home at night! We are meeting lots of new friends and I'm becoming more involved with various groups and organizations. In December, we got an early Christmas present and found out that I was expecting. We will welcome our second child in August. Truman is hoping for a "baby sister"... but we'll see! So... that's 2009/2010 and some of 2011 for you! I'm hoping that I can post more often and give more updates as I have enjoyed reading over some of my old posts the last couple days! Maybe I'll make it a late New Year's resolution!?! We'll see how that goes....

1 comment:

SharlowsLove said...

Nice update, definitely the short and sweet version. Hope you and the boys are doing well, and we're praying for you all, esp. baby #2 :) Keep us updated lady!!!!