Saturday, February 28, 2009
Truman's big week!
We have been so fortunate to have my mom helping us watch Truman. John would stay home with him on his days off and Mom will watch him the other days. As many of you know, my grandfather is requiring more care these days. Needless to say, taking care of Truman (who is busier and busier every day) and Grandpa was starting to become a little more challenging. Meanwhile, John has finally started working on the house (we had to wait for all our inspections to come through). So, we were needing even more care for Truman. So we finally decided to look for a sitter. The search was difficult to say the least! I was close to giving up and quite frustrated! And then God sent me Lisa. Lisa responded to the ad that I placed and I immediately felt like she would be great. She has 2 little ones herself and stays home with them all day. Her youngest is 6 months as well and so Truman gets to play with another baby! She started watching him this week and he did great. She even sent me a picture of him on Thursday with an update on how his day was going! As for me, well I did better than expected...I didn't even cry the first time I left him! John knew that if we waited to take him until Monday, I'd spend all that time obsessing about stuff. So, we took him Wednesday and Thursday. Each afternoon he was worn out! Unfortunately, after those two days with other kids, he caught a little bug. He woke up Thursday night throwing up, etc. He is a pretty good patient though....happy as can be even with all of that going on! Now he's doing pretty good and we can say we survived our first little illness! I just hope he doesn't have many more... I think it was harder on me than it was on him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment