Tuesday, October 28, 2008

6-9 PM

If you've been with us, or even called between the hours of 6-9 pm then you probably know what this post is all about! 6-9 pm is Truman's fussy time. Truman is the most pleasant baby all day... until 6 o'clock hits. This is completely normal according to every book, magazine and pediatrician! So what do we do during this time? Well, we've managed to keep his fussy-ness to a minimum with our evening routine!

So here is the rundown: We start with a dose of Mylicon... it works miracles for gas relief and hiccups! Then we play, snuggle or whatever we can do to entertain him until he is in a full blown fit! Then it's bath time. He LOVES bath time! As you can see, we love it too! He sits in his bath as calm as can be and thoroughly enjoys kicking and splashing and the warm water. After that, mommy wraps him in his adorable towel and holds him tight as he gets nice and dry. (I also am tempted EVERY single time to take a million pictures because he looks so darn cute!) Then its time for a nice lotion massage and some warm and snuggly PJ's. By this time, his eyes are quite heavy and he's not far from bedtime. But alas, he must eat first! And that's all it takes... sweet dreams little man!



So the main question we get these days is about his sleeping habits. I knock on wood every time I reply that "he's a great sleeper"! He usually goes down by 9:00 and sleeps until 3:00am! He wakes up again between 5-6 and usually goes back to sleep again until 7 or so. So, we are blessed to get a good stretch of sleep!

Speaking of, he's asleep and I'm not far from it myself! I hope to get better about updating my blog. I know so many people read it and enjoy hearing our updates! My cousin and his wife have a beautiful family blog and I'm trying to learn from them! :) I have made progress... I figured out how to change my layout! Baby steps, right?

No comments: