Well the end is in sight!! I went to the dr. last week and was very surprised to find out that I'm 1 cm dilated and that he has already descended quite a bit (the dr. could actually touch his head). I'm only 35 weeks (measuring 36) so I wasn't expecting that at all! In fact, as ready as I am to meet our little guy, I'm praying he stays in for another week or so! This is possibly the worst week ever to have a baby! My in-laws will arrive today to visit for a week. Our main foreman at work is out this week and we have a huge audit so John will be super busy with work! My good friend Rooney has planned a baby shower for Saturday so I would really like to make it until then! So... I'm doing my best to lay low and resist any nesting urges I have! Of course with company coming, cleaning is necessary but I've even kept that pretty minimal! :) I go back on Thursday and we'll see how things look then. In the mean time, Dr. G also told me it is looking good for me to not have to have a c-section! That's been my prayer from the beginning, so I hope my body cooperates!
We've all decided that Truman senses that things are about to change dramatically for him! I spent last Monday laying around all day with him. He was especially clingy and not just needing me but wanting to snuggle and physically be right next to me all day. I happened to be having horrible Braxton Hicks that day so I decided to just enjoy the day with him and we snuggled and spent some great quality time together. That was a week ago and as I type that, I still have a little boy sitting on my lap b/c he won't even watch his new favorite show, Little Einstein's, without me right next to him! I hope for his sake that the baby doesn't come this week either. Ideally it will be when we are having our normal routine life w/o a huge influx of grandparents and lack of Daddy time due to a crazy work schedule, etc. So... everyone say some prayers this week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment