


We finally got to see our baby again this week! I had my 30 week ultrasound (I'm technically 29 weeks) on Wednesday. Everything looked great! That was a huge relief to me because of all that this little guy has been through along with me the last 10 weeks! He's been zapped with radiation, exposed to meds I wasn't supposed to take (courtesy of my urologist who I really don't like!), and jostled about while I've had 2 surgeries! Despite all that, he is doing his job... GROWING! He weighs about 3 lbs 7 oz already. While he's chronologically at 29 weeks, his head was measuring 33 weeks and 3 days and the other measurements were around 31 or 32 weeks!!! Due to that we'll have to measure again at 37 weeks to find out if I'll be able to try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). My doctor is great and has not ruled it out yet but is also making sure I don't get my hopes up. I obviously want what is best for the baby and for me, but it sure would be nice to not have to stay in the hospital those extra days and deal with a longer recovery!
While the baby is doing great, Mommy is struggling with this pregnancy! I guess it is a little harder because I have a 2 year old to care for as well, but for whatever reason it has been tough! Between constant Braxton Hicks contractions, lingering pain from this stent (or from the baby pushing up against it), and indigestion... sleeping is difficult. My poor friends and family have all suffered through this with me though, I told them all I'm so sorry for whining and complaining. It's getting old! While I'm very thankful to have this blessing growing inside me, and I don't by any means want him to come early, I am sure ready to be done with this pregnancy!!! :) We have a lot of exciting events coming up this month so I'm hoping that it will help the time go by a little faster! We'll see! Next weekend we are taking Truman on one last "Truman trip" where we will enjoy all the things he likes to do/see... mainly animals these days! I'm sure I'll be posting pics of that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment