Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A quick update...

Sorry I've been so bad about updating things on here! I've been dealing with some issues for the last two weeks with a lot of pain in my kidney area. We thought it was a kidney infection so after a week of antibiotics and still no relief, I went through some other tests to find that there was "something in my ureter". I was relieved to find out that something was identifiably wrong b/c I was in a great deal of pain and there were no indications of anything else being wrong. I finally got in with the urologist today and we are scheduled for a minor surgical procedure tomorrow morning. Basically the baby is pressing on things in an unusual way and it will only get worse as the baby gets bigger. So, they'll place a stint in until I deliver and then will remove it after the baby comes. All will be fine after the surgery and I should be back to normal soon! I'm so excited as I haven't been able to do much of anything these days and I'm really ready to play with Truman, go for walks or even clean my house without pain! As with any operation, there is a risk for me and for the baby so thoughts and prayers would be great. My main concern right now is how active the baby is and how they'll get him to be calm while they do the procedure?
The other news is that we FINALLY got an offer on our house in Efland!!! While in the midst of pre-admitting for the hospital, etc John and I were going back and forth on our counter-offer and figuring out all the details. We are very hopeful that we will come to a number that works for everyone and we will no longer have that stress on us as well (those who have talked to me in the last few months know all too well how overwhelmed I've been with that whole ordeal!). So, today has been a good day all around. And hopefully, by the end of the week we will have 2 MAJOR stresses off our backs and we can begin to focus on our house here, starting the nursery and maybe even try to enjoy the last 18 weeks of this pregnancy!

1 comment:

Kristin Harris said...

I hope you feel much better soon! Best of luck with everything. Our prayers with with you and the baby!