Sunday, July 5, 2009

Time flies....


Well, as you can tell.... we've been busy! I haven't posted since MAY! Wow... didn't realize it had been that long! I am constantly catching myself saying "My goodness, time has just flown by!". Truman is almost 10 months old!!! How is that possible?? Seems like yesterday I was hot and pregnant! Truman is doing great... but only after having a really tough couple of weeks! We had a whirlwind June with a trip to Charleston with our friends, Wayne & Elaina and little Weston for our first 5k race! That was followed 4 days later with a trip to the lake in WV! It was fun, but exhausting as well! The next weekend we went in for his 9 month visit. I asked the Dr. about his breath smelling a little strange and explained that he had been exposed to Strep at his sitters. They tested him, "just in case" and of course it came back positive! He was just fine, but at 2:00 that day he spiked a fever. The fever lasted for four days and resulted in us going back to the pediatrician only to be told that he had a virus. The next day he broke out in a rash, so we once again went to the dr. I was concerned that he was having a reaction to the amoxicillin, but the dr. thought it was from his fever. Well I tested my theory by not giving him his meds that night and the rash went away. The next morning I gave him the antibiotic and by lunchtime he was covered in hives. So, we called and told the dr. we were not taking any more amoxicillin. SO... many lessons were learned there. Aside from feeling bad from strep, a virus and a reaction to medicine, he also had an accident the same week and split his upper frenulum! He was NOT a happy camper... and neither was his mommy! We were both exhausted and suffering! It was so hard knowing he was in pain and there wasn't much for me to do about it! But we made it through! I don't think I realized just how bad it was until he got back to his normal happy self! He is such an adorable child! He will sit and play with his toys and crawl and look at me and just smile or laugh hysterically. It's a hoot to watch. He can climb stairs, pull up on just about anything and (his favorite thing now) hide from mommy! We have so much fun together! In the meantime, Daddy is working super hard on finishing our house! We are getting soooooo close to moving in! We can't wait to have all of our stuff and be together again! He is really missing us both because he has to work so much! It's definately tough, but this too shall pass! :) Well, this is a pretty long post, so I better go. It will probably be a while before I post again as I am hoping that we'll be moving soon! YAY!

No comments: